Sunday, December 26, 2010

Graduation

 Well, I finally completed a big milestone in my life and I've worked a long time toward it. I have graduated with my Bachelor of Arts degree! Graduation was a week ago today. I didn't know how I'd feel but on this day, but when they stated playing "Pomp and Circumstance" and all the graduates started filing out into the auditorium at the Convention Center there were friends and family lined up taking photos as the graduates processed in. It felt a little like paparazzi! I was smiling so brightly and I felt like I had earned that moment. When it was finally time for me to walk across the stage and shake hands I gave an excited wave toward my husband and my mom who were in the audience and accepted my degree with a vigorous handshake and an unending smile. As a non-traditional student who has worked full time and gone to school part time, this accomplishment feels well earned. All I can say is if I can do it, anyone can. But I never could have done it without my wonderful supportive husband who sacrificed a lot for me to go to classes. My parents and my sister and brother who have also encouraged me and aided me however they can. I am so lucky. My one hope is that I have the chance to use my degree in a career that will keep me learning and engaged in life and its adventures. Whatever may come of my degree in this uncertain world I will continue to experience the adventures of life no matter where it leads me. My academic adventure may be complete (at least for now) but more excitement lies ahead in the coming year!

Graduated with Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
Minor in Environmental Studies
Magna Cum Laude

Me and Hubby Dec. 19, 2010
Me and proud mama. Dec. 19, 2010

No comments: