Monday, December 19, 2011

40 Weeks

Here I am, 40 weeks pregnant. Ding! My thermometer timer has popped up! Or is that my belly button that's popped out? Yes I know, a due date is nothing more than a guess date and this baby seems pretty content to stay in there through week 41 and 42! But it looks like she won't have the chance as we are scheduled to be induced on Thursday should she not make an appearance before then. That's really not the way I wanted to go but according to my exam this morning, I think that might be so. After putting me on a fetal monitor to confirm baby is moving good and heart rate looks good, then doing another ultrasound to make sure baby's been growing since the last ultrasound 2 weeks ago and finding everything normal, it's just my body that doesn't seem to be moving along with only 2 cm dilated and a stubborn cervix. (Sorry for a bit of TMI).

Looks like our little one is destined to be a Christmas baby! I just wanted to have the exciting story of how I went into labor. Looks like it will be less exciting of a labor story but more exciting of a when she finally came story :)

Well, here's hoping that either way she does come, it goes smoothly without complications. And of course with a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: