Monday, April 9, 2012

Baby Thoughts

I absolutely love to see her beautiful little steel colored eyes watching ever so intently at everything within their range. The hints of green and hazel and sometimes blue, glint with reflections of her world. What is she thinking? Sometimes watching with quiet contemplation having either just awakened from a nap or slowly succumbing to slumber. Other times excitedly surveying the commotion the surrounds her. How does she see the things that often times we see as mundane everyday features of our existence. I can only imagine how her beautiful developing mind views the eccentricities of life. When I ask her what she's thinking, that enchanting little sideways smile is response enough for me that she's pleasantly working it out and it's much less mundane and much more fascinating than we have come to see it. Maybe I should try seeing it from her perspective more often. Maybe we all should.

No comments: