Monday, September 13, 2010

Hello fellow adventurers!

I have returned! The break can be explained with the start of the school semester and me attempting (however feebly) to get back into study mode. Presently I am actually taking a break from studying for my first test. A test that I am none too thrilled about. This is for my Environmental Law class. If that doesn't get you yawning I'll continue. This is a class that is necessary for my Environmental Studies minor. I have learned so much about society and the world in my environmental classes and I figured it would be a good idea to have an overview background of the laws in the good ol' U.S.A. that have brought us to our current position. There is a lot of potential in this class for me to learn a lot, but there is SO much to learn! Take for example this first test. It covers Chapters 1-3 of our text and he will base the test off of his power point slides. He said we should be safe IF we know everything on the slide presentations. "Easy enough" you might think, except that each presentation is no less than 50 slides! 150 slides to know! In the words of Homer Simpson I say "DOH!". Or maybe I'll leave that eloquent statement for tomorrow.  I'm trying to think positive and give my brain credit that it may have absorbed some of the studying that I've been doing all weekend but every time I look at my cue cards the only thing that runs through my mind is.... "we're sorry, the number you have reached has been disconnected...." I have the Worst case of "short timers" since this is my last semester. At least I'm not alone as my BAFF (Best Anthropology Friend Forever) shares my sentiment.

Well, all I can do my best! I aim to do that. Luckily, if my best on this first test isn't great, I'll have to quadruple my efforts on the other two tests because we can drop our lowest grade of the three... aw, the generosity of some professors.

My adventures sometimes seem so boring to me but I have to keep reminding myself that everyday can be a new adventure, I just have to have the right attitude about it.

Adventure isn't hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day-to-day obstacles of life: facing new challenges, seizing new opportunities, testing our resources against the unknown and, in the process, discovering our own unique potential. - John Amatt

No comments: