Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dream baby dream

Well, it's getting closer to the week that I will have to return to work and leave my M at daycare. I'm not excited about it, but everything happens for a reason, so until I find the job in the career I'm meant to have I will try to make the best of the situation.

For now, mom and I took M to work to visit my coworkers before I return. While there, I picked up a gift left by the court reporter that our firm uses for most jobs. She had left it before M was born but after I left on maternity leave so this was the first chance I had to pick it up. The gift was a cute blanket, the soft kind, with monkey's, hippos' and giraffe's on it and a book titled "When I was a Girl I Dreamed"by Margaret Baker & Justin Matott and illustrated by Mark Ludy, who I found out, is from Colorado here. It's such a great story of an old lady telling of all the different adventures she dreamed of when she was a girl like being a teacher, a dancer, a painter, even an archaeologist! The book ends with "Reach higher than the stars my dears, and your dreams... will come true." Such a beautiful story with a wonderful message. A message I definitely want to pass on to M. The extra cool thing is she had it inscribed by Mark Ludy. The inscription read "To Baby M Dream Big Always" I thought this was a beautiful inscription and it made me cry. Because, after all, isn't that what every parent wants for their children? To Dream Big! I can't wait until M asks me to read this to her! But I will read it to her before then too, because it is beautifully written as well.

As for my followers out there, no matter your age, you're never too old to reach for the stars to attain your dreams. Keep dreaming :) I know I will and I will find that job in the career I dream of, sooner, rather than later. So can you!

No comments: