Saturday, January 5, 2013

Resolution 1

With the start of a new year many people try to make resolutions of things to change. Sure, there are those that will say, "don't wait until the new year, make changes as they come", but sometimes it's the ending of one thing and the start of another that may cause the pause and reevaluation. The last half of last year, I must admit, I was down about the monotony of my job and its restrictions on my ability to enjoy home life, i.e. time with my little one, my husband, the dog or visiting the fam. Weekdays and nights of rushing through routines sometimes makes a perceived rut seem deeper. But with many of the sad events that came last year I have (once again) realized that we have to make the most of every moment, no matter how busy or tired one may be. Even the moments when I'm trying to finish cleaning the bottles, the baby's in her high chair kicking and screaming because she hasn't had a nap and just wants food, the husband has the music playing in the background while he makes dinner and the dog is under heel in the kitchen hoping something will fall to the floor. So one of my resolutions for the new year is to take each day as it comes, not to stress the little things. Only 5 days into the new year, I feel like I'm doing pretty good with it. At work this week, with the attorney that drives me nuts I've been making an effort, when he starts getting on my nerves to stop rolling my eyes (hard as it may be) and look at my little girl's picture, smile and carry on with my work. Yes, it may be hard to maintain some days but the intention is there.

That's all for now. I'll be back with more resolutions this week.

No comments: