Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mama of two (week 2)

Well I must admit I was a little nervous about being a mom of two. I wanted so much for M to have a sibling, someone that she could teach new things and also that she could play with. But I was worried having two would make me feel divided. I'm only two weeks into this mom of two gig but so far... so good (knock on wood). Right now we've kind of developed a schedule for taking big sister to daycare in the morning between nursing the little one, feeding the big one, dressing the big one between diaper changes, and still getting a little morning play in for the big one. In the afternoon, when we pick up big sister from daycare, we usually have to get home, nurse the little one while big sister draws/colors/plays, and then start dinner. We haven't gotten that down yet as our time is a little off. Daddy's getting home and either helping with dinner or playing with big sister. Either way, it's a team effort :)

Big sister is a good helper. She likes to help get a diaper or wipes or something else I might need while I'm nursing her sister. One thing I have noticed is her ability to continually repeat something she might need or want if daddy and I are involved in a conversation not exactly focusing on her. She'll repeat and repeat and then get louder. That's ok, she's adjusting too.

I still haven't developed much of a schedule for the rest of the time little L and I are home together by ourselves. I've been doing a few little things here and there. The dishes are staying clean, which is nice, and laundry is getting done, but other things aren't a priority as yet. I'm still getting into a groove. I'm not sure if I'd be as put together if big sister was home with us all day. I might have to see how that goes eventually. I hope I can keep it on track!

No comments: