Thursday, May 19, 2011

You're Never Too Old

I've been remiss in my blogging as I feel like my day to day is currently less adventerous than what it should be. It's been quite a struggle trying to even think of something to write about, until today, I came across this story on 9news. A 90 year old woman went skydiving! Now skydiving is an amazing feat for anyone who doesn't have a daredevil's DNA in my opinion but I think it's pretty darn spectacular that a 90 year old decided that she wanted to willingly jump out of a plane, with the intention of landing safely on the ground. We should all be so inclined after reading not only this inspiring story but her equally inspiring thoughts on the subject:

"I'm glad I did it. I don't know if I'd ever do it again but you have to just live. Age is just a number on a page. You're never too old to do what you want to do. Don't just talk about it, do it. You got to enjoy life, that's my philosophy,"

You just have to live. There are no truer words. Even though I try to approach each day positively I have lately gotten into a rut of monotony. Mostly because my job is so monotonous and dull but then I make that my excuse to continue in my little routine when I'm at home. I have to take a tac from Hazel's philosophy and just live. Do something everyday that's a little out of my routine. Something that challenges my mind, body or spirit, or all of the above! I'm not saying I have to jump out of a plane once a week but I need to change it up. Big changes are coming soon and I need to be ready to face them and prepare for them with a full and happy heart. So my blog family, to do so, I'm going to try to post more often with the things that I'm doing to change it up and just live. Even if that sometimes means I sat down and read a book. I'll let you know how it goes! I encourage all of us to do the same!

1 comment:

Pete said...

Yes we should all just live, but jump out of a plane? Maybe, but I think not! I would rather fly on one to the Carribean, Bali, Thailand, Newark New Jersey?! I prefer my flights in the commfort of an airliner, even if it is full of sniffling, sneezing, coughing, whiney people, at least I am sitting down and not hurtling towards the earth at 120 miles per hour. My friend Joe and I were going to jump/skydive on our 40th birthday. I feel like I made it to 51 because I didn't jump! Maybe I'll do like George H. W. Bush and make a jump when I turn 80, I figure by then my lovely children will tell me that I am just going to the bathroom, at least that will explain the mess!