Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The End is Near!

I can't believe the last Harry Potter movie is here! It's already premiered in several places around the world but I can't wait to see it on Friday! I'm so excited... yet sad at the same time. It was bittersweet when we read the last book. My husband and I stood in line at midnight to buy the book and we each bought a copy so that we could read it together. (I actually had to take breaks so Marc could catch up...). It was epic! It was perfect! I was sad it was over! But I had the remaining movies to look forward to. Which I've enjoyed tremendously! Now we all know, that most of the time books are better than the movies, but in this case the movies are just as good as the books! Even though they may not keep exactly with the book, or tell all the side stories from the books, they retain the imagination and magic of the books. And here we are, at the end of a great journey. I feel, as many do, a part of the Harry Potter phenomenon and will be sad to see it end. But it will live on every time I read the books, and plan to one day read them to my little one! Through those moments I'll get to share the magic that J.K. Rowling has brought to millions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am with you Tara Rose, can't wait to see the movie but sad that this is the last of the movies. When you look at "Harry", "Ron", and "Hermione" they were so small and young, and now they are all grown up. It has been quite the phenomenon and I have enjoyed it immensely but as you say the end is Bittersweet!
PS