Saturday, July 9, 2011

Preggo pants

So, here I am now 17 weeks pregnant. The past few weeks I've had to use a rubber band stretched through the button hole to make my regular pants "fit". But that can really only last so long because then they just start getting uncomfortably tight. So I decided it might be time to buy some preggo pants. I went to JC Penny and found their "maternity" section was little more than about 4 small racks with limited variety. Plus, the maternity pants looked like fishing waders on me! Next I tried Kohls and their "maternity" section was even smaller! Even the small size of preggo pants made me look like a clown with hoop pants on! So I headed back to the junior's section where I usually get my pants and decided to try a few sizes bigger. Those worked much better! At least... for now! When my belly finally does pop more I'm sure I'll eventually have to go to the waders.

On another note, I had my 16 week appointment this past Tuesday. Just a quick check of the belly and all. And even though my pants are tight and I had to move a size up, my midwife says I definitely need to start gaining weight this month as 4 ounces does not count! It's not like I haven't been eating! :) So, I got on the websites to see what are some healthy ways to gain weight during pregnancy. Okay... there are some of these I already do, for example it says "eat 5-6 small meals per day". Done! Or "have healthy snacks for munching like trail mix, nuts, dried fruit, crackers and cheese" I have nuts and dried fruit in  my drawer at work. But then it gave me a weird suggestion like adding dry milk to mashed potatoes, ground meat, cream soup, pudding, casseroles, hot cereal, and... Milk! This suggestion is to increase protein and calories. Guess that's the next thing I'll try. Well, by the end of this week, I weighed myself again and I have gained 2 pounds! Yay! I know... big woopie... At about this time next year, I hope I'll be back to this weight!

2 comments:

~G said...

Wow! Can't believe how long it's been since we've seen you guys. Wonderful to "hear" about your big news! Congrats!
~Grace Lancaster

Anonymous said...

Here are some more ideas... For the pants, try yoga pants, they're cute and stretchy. For gaining weight, well I'm not the best on that subject but I'd try ice cream and sweet potato fries. Mmmmm now I'm hungry. ;)
Steph