Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blog alarm!

No matter how much I tell myself "I'm going to blog tonight" it never seems to happen. So today I decided to set an alarm to blog during my lunch hour. Even if it's a quick little observation of the day, at least I won't be neglecting my blog responsibilities. Plus, I can always snooze my alarm if need be but at least it's a reminder. A second plus is that it gives me a chance to pause and reflect on my morning, or the previous afternoon's events that may not have made it into the earlier blog. And it's a good thing I decided this and set my alarm this morning because I had already forgotten until my phone alarm went off!

Does it seem sad that I have to schedule time to do something that I enjoy? No, because if I'm running around daily and forget to do things I enjoy a simple alarm can go a long way in making today better, even if it's just a chance to vent. So I recommend if you never have a moment to do one small thing that you enjoy doing, set an alarm. Even if the alarm is just to remind you to smile or take a breath. Take a moment for yourself, even if it is scheduled. You may be like me and not remember until your alarm goes off and then it's a welcome reminder, or it may be a part of the day to look forward to. Either way, make it count.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear hear!