Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sad Day

Yesterday was a very sad day here in Colorado. A young man decided he needed to take the lives of innocent people and to physically and emotionally wound those who somehow escaped his murderous rampage. There is no use in trying to determine why this was done. Only one person knows and that would be the shooter. God doesn't even know why people do such things. Twelve people lost their lives, the youngest being a 6 year old girl. My heart aches for the victims and their families. As I read about people those who lost their lives they all had so much life to live and it was just taken from them in an instant. Those who survived, no doubt will carry a heartache that I can't imagine. I pray for them all.

I look at my baby girl sleeping peacefully in her crib and think about what her future holds in such a world. But I can't think like that. I have always felt that each and every moment we have on this Earth to be a blessing. Jessica Ghawi, one of the victims shared the same view. So although we like to prepare for future events, the future is not guaranteed. Take each moment, be thankful in that moment.

Say a prayer and remember and celebrate life and the lives of those who lost theirs yesterday.


No comments: