Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hyper preparedness and Hiccups

As you all know, I like to be well informed/educated on things that will be impacting my life. This baby being one of them. However, there is something to be said for being hyper-prepared. I asked my husband yesterday if he thinks I'm reading too much about pregnancy and baby. Without a millisecond of hesitation his answer was "Yes". He makes a good point. He wants it to be an adventure that we encounter together. And after all, that's what my blog is about, life's adventures! It's true, women have been giving birth for centuries and yes, medical science has come a long way in improving some aspects of childbirth, but I guess, sometimes, it's okay to let nature take it's course. Mom said, if she'd ever read a book about having babies, she probably wouldn't have had them! (I know she says this with all of a mothers love :) So, I've decided to take a step back from my books and not try to read them like I'm on a deadline to D-Day!

On another note... I was laying in bed on Sunday morning waiting for the alarm when I felt the little bun shifting around. It seemed like she picked a comfortable spot and decided to kick me at a constant beat. It took me a second to realize that she wasn't kicking... she had the hiccups! It felt similar to a soft kick but it was at a constant pace and lasted for about two minutes. I was excited because I had read (ahem) that some women start feeling hiccups around this time! (See... books are helpful too! :)

We'll see what the next adventure brings!!

No comments: